Sunday 16 January 2011

January is half done...

So far I've not made much progress on my "resolutions". I'm still resolved to get 'em done though.
I've also been bringing my own lunch into work most days and more or less spending all the savings on coffee :)

Life drawing seems to be sorted - had a decent session last week. Just need to document some of the sketches somewhere. I did have an idea to do some sort of super short animation for CNY but I keep getting distracted by work, general slack & games. Perhaps I should finalise a storyboard before deciding anything else.

Decided to try out Lovefilm for a few months. It's all free for now :) Working through many highbrow Criterion collection dvds. (oh and Milk was rather good!) Not entirely sure how this is going to be beneficial to unslacking - but I suppose it's better than browsing the web aimlessly in the evenings. It's also nice that it keeps a record of everything you've watched.

Tried to learn a bit of Python this week...it seems to save some time with certain programming procedures (loops especially), so I just have to keep familiarising myself with it, find some sort of Python for dummies exercise book.

Onward to a new week! I'm cautiously optimistic about it...and if I'm ready for what it might bring!