Sunday 10 May 2009

My Star Trek review.

I saw the new Star Trek movie last night. It was mostly good, with a few side helpings of pew pew. Lets not dwell on the good parts though, as that would be boring.

Firstly...no, lets not say firstly...I think its the only real problem I have with the film.. - Kirk finds himself on a frozen world and encounters a questionable monster. Logically speaking (heh), creatures dwelling in such cold climates have adapted to their surroundings. Penguins, polar bears, arctic foxes..they all have features which allow them to live long and prosper (yes I'm on a roll). So Kirk is being chased by a snow-baboon thing. It is white and furry, as you'd expect it to be. Then all of a sudden, a GIANT RED ANT from the Lost Planet videogame jumps out of the cold water and bites it up.
Right - How many animals that live in cold climates are coloured red? How many insectoids do you see thriving in cold climates, let alone surviving underwater laying in wait for snow-baboons? Sorry Mr Abrams, but for future director cuts of this movie, please colour this creature appropriately.

Oh, and I made awesome peanut butter cookies. I give Star Trek 7 arbitrary cookie points. It would have been 11 but the giant red ant bothered me so much.